Hello and welcome! My name is Mandy Martaus, and I’m an enthusiastic amateur with a camera, a foodie, a fashionista on a budget, and Mother of Kitty Cats … this blog is slowly going to transition from The Mood Eater, a blog focused on ED recovery, to a lifestyle blog where my friends and family can keep up with me.(Yes, I realize that I look a little insane and wrinkly here – that’s what I get for not doing much makeup at the ranch, but hey, I look enthusiastic, and that’s how I feel about starting this blog.)
My dear husband Luke and I live in a little apartment here in the Texas Panhandle while he finishes up school (he’s a Biology major with plans to become a Physician’s Assistant). Luke is an avid gun collector and talented shooter – we often practice together at the family ranch in Canadian, TX.
We have three babies aka kitties named Persephone, Calliope, and Caprica, and we also own a cinnamon calico ball python named Drogo.
Gratuitous Pictures of the Critters:
- 1 lb ground beef ( I used ground chuck)
- about 2 C broccoli florets
- about 1 C of fresh Hatch chilies (or 2 cans of chilies if you don’t have access to fresh Hatch ones)
- 6 C fresh spinach
- 16 oz rigatoni pasta
- 6 C water
- 1 packet of Cheesy Taco Seasoning
- 3 C jarred salsa
- about 3 C shredded cheese of your choice – I used a fiesta blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, broccoli, and spinach until combined and tender, and the beef is done.
- Add pasta, water, salsa, and taco seasoning to the mix and stir.
- Bring to a boil … cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Time to add the cheese! Stir to melt.
- Add your favorite toppings such as avocado, sour cream, tomatoes, tortilla chips, salsa, etc.
- Enjoy! 🙂 It serves 6-8.
P.S. I’m changing the domain name over tomorrow!